Before start tour to US Virgin Islands country first we know little about it.
The United States Virgin Islands (USVI; also called the American Virgin Islands), officially the Virgin Islands of the United States, is a group of islands in the Caribbean and an unincorporated and organized territory of the United States.
The U.S.V.I consists of 3 main islands Saint Croix, Saint John, Saint Thomas and, newly added tiny Water Island and many other surrounding minor islands.
|Capital City:||Charlotte Amalie|
|Largest city||Charlotte Amalie|
|Common Known languages||71.6% English, English Creole|
8.6% French, French creole
|Sovereign state||United States|
|346.36 km2 (133.73 sq mi)|
|Government||Territorial presidential constitutional republic|
President – Donald Trump
|Population||104,901 (123rd biggest country in the world)|
|Population Density||768/sq mi (296.5/km2)|
|United States dollar (USD)|
|Population Density |
(people per km2)
|768/sq mi (296.5/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC -4|
|76.0% Black, 15.7% White, 17.5% Hispanic|
, 4.9% Other, 2.1% Multiracial, 1.4% Asian
|Official Government Website||www.vi.gov|
US Virgin Islands Map
- 4th Water Island: Many of know that USVI’s have 3 main islands, but many don’t know there’s a recently added fourth, tiny Water Island (
492 acres ) named for its collection of fresh-water ponds, located off the south coast of St. Thomas.
- left side drive: The USVI is the only place in the USA where you drive on the left side of the road.
- Trunk Bay Underwater Snorkel Trail – It is St. John Underwater National Park. In Trunk Bay, you will find the Underwater Trail it’s one of the best places to snorkel in the Caribbean.
- The Virgin Islands National Park was established on donated land by the Rockefeller family. The park, now expanded to include shorelines, coral reefs, and another small island, takes up much of the landmass of St. John.
- Approximately 75% of the population is Africans: island has descendants from African ancestors who came to the Caribbean as slaves in order to work on the sugar plantations.
- St. Croix is home to the oldest Baobab tree in the Caribbean. While the tree is native to South Africa. These trees can grow up to 25 meters high and live for thousands of years.
- The US Virgin Islands is double the size of Washington, DC.
- The islands were discovered by the Spanish and named by Christopher Columbus on his second voyage in 1493 for Saint Ursula and her virgin followers.
- In 1927, the inhabitants of the U.S. Virgin Islands were granted American citizenship.
- DANISH, THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE, WAS NOT WIDELY SPOKEN.
75 percent of the population speaks English as their main language.
few people spoke Danish, the official state language.
- Bay rum, an astringent and perfume made from the bay rum trees of the Virgin Islands, was a major export.
- Water Island, was privately owned by the East Asiatic Company. in 1944, the U.S.A bought for $10,000, planning to put it to military use. Later, it was leased to a developer and became a beach resort now. It finally became the U.S. Virgin Islands’ fourth island in 1966.
Weather & when to go:
The best time to visit the U.S. Virgin Islands is April to June, when you can expect mild weather and very little rainfall. In the USVI’s peak season, from December to March, the temperature ranges from themid-70s to high 80s with breezy evenings.
Rainy/hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30 with the peak period from early August through the end of October.
Key Festivals & Religious Ceremonies in Jamaica:
St Croix community’s annual Valentine’s Day – The calls of outdoor vendors and the sounds of local musicians fill the air during this upbeat Valentine’s Day celebration.
A Taste of St Croix – Foodies will undoubtedly enjoy this annual one-day April festival at St Croix’s only all-inclusive resort, the Divi Carina Bay All Inclusive Beach Resort and Casino.
Best Accommodations / Hotels:
Safe to visit?
The Virgin Islands are a relatively safe destination. The small permanent populations are generally friendly and welcoming. That being said, St. Thomas is no longer as safe as it once was. Crime against tourists has been on the rise, and muggings are frequent.
Places to visit and Things to do in US Virgin Islands :
US Virgin Islands / Popular destinations / Vactions:
How to plan your journey? Tips for bigginers…
Find the best Travel package from a company/ Agent/Agency book from there, they will handle all things like flight, hotel, transportation, food, but its expensive but safe journey. OR
Do plan yourself – For cheap flight tickets book early 3 months before the journey and return ticket, then book a hotel, then apply for a visa as Tourist.
Currency exchange: After got visa you have to have visiting country currency in hand. there are currency exchange counters there in airports, but they take huge commissions. Best is get currency with in your country. If you plan for use Credit Debit Cards, first know your bank limitations and fee use in foreign countries.
How to get Visa?
All passengers crossing international boundaries are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents and complying with international government travel requirements.
Flights (Cheap and off-peak) guide:
The cheapest season for Flying to USVI in the off-peak season, from mid-April to mid-December. For good offers book only from the official airline websites.
Below we Listed popular Airlines That Flies To US Virgin Islands.
Flight Extra Luggage cost
These are general information on luggage, there is a difference from one airlines to other, pre plan your luggage requirements and book with your journey tickets. charges charged per bag depending on route and travel class.
Flight or Travel protection / Insurgence:
Budget Travel: Tips For A Cheap Vacation:
Nightlife, Bars, Clubs, Drinks
Casino and Gaming Destinations:
More External links for US Virgin Islands
|More info of this country in wikipedia page||Wiki page|
|Pinterest pinned Photos of US Virgin Islands||Pinterest page|
|Twitter hashtag # US Virgin Islands||Twitter hashtag|
|Instagram Photos and videos||Instagram profile|
|Google Images of US Virgin Islands||Google Images|
|Official Websites for US Virgin Islands Tourism info||http://www.travelpalestine.ps|
US Virgin Islands best places image Gallery